I am always looking to expanding my non-fiction reading, books on business, finance, career development, entrepreneurship and the likes. But the list of books by women authors usually is limited to just a few.
Curious I decided to search for lists of books by women authors. My criteria was not books for women, but books by women! Searching through Google, Twitter and Goodreads, I found many lists ‘for women’. But only few passed the ‘By Women‘ test. 😦
To be fair, books by men are wonderful, insightful and applicable. But, I really wanted to read books by women on the subjects of career development, managing businesses, achieving success, making money. Surely, not such an arduous task. But it was!
But, I found the efforts were worth it! I found a few marvelous lists, and I am happy to report that my to-read list has now expanded significantly. In fact, I plan to plow through these lists and read away to glory now! After all, what better way to spend the oncoming cold here in Midwest? A nice cup of coffee, a good book, the little one perusing her own books (hopefully), ahh!!! The good life!
Given below are the lists I found as well as the one I built up on Goodreads:
- Goodreads Self List : I made this list based on what I have read and been recommended. Confession Time: I am only half done on this list!
- From Inc.com : This is the one list that comes up frequently. Interesting to note that this article was created by a man! While I can dwell on how it takes a man to point this out and carefully curate that list; I won’t. Instead, I am be delighted that men and women are equally committed to equality on all fronts and helping in our own ways! That is heartening, after all!
- Goodreads Business List: Another find on Goodreads.
- NonFiction for Women – This list is ostensibly for women in their twenties. I’m not! I turned 31 this month! But with 135 books, all by women; it’s not hard to find many wonderful titles (amid a few I’d call questionable) for inspiration and empowerment.
- Indian Women Authors: This list is targeted towards women in Indian workforce. I am adding this list as I am an Indian and some of the titles in this list were recommended while I worked as a software professional.
These lists are no way exhaustive. So, please do let me know if there is any book that you found awesome and was written by a female author. Or add it to the list on Goodreads here.