Our road trip cum family vacation have begun which means I am doing loads of challenges:
- Eating healthy- lots of treats consumed
- Getting vegetarian options. Since I do not eat eggs, meat, fish, chicken in any form; my choices are limited at restaurants. Then, I have to think about hitting all the food groups.
- T’s food: I confess, she has had a few more treats than necessary.
- Not being stressed- tough with sticking to a preschooler’s schedules
- My lack of confidence in driving: with our rental car being enormous, it’s even more difficult for me.
- T’s mild motion sickness: not too severe but enough for us to be cautious
But there are good parts too:
- We mostly ate in. So, we got healthy food with portions I could control
- We packed plenty of healthy snacks. Nuts and multi grain crackers have kept me from devouring too many unhealthy alternatives. (Yup, I did pack a lot of junk! 😐)
- T sleeps in the car, so her early rising and afternoon naps are compensated. And she’s sleeping not too long past bedtime.
- Since car times are also naps, T’s health is ok. Touch Wood!
- Bonus: I read a book, courtesy my SIL. Yayy!
- All the places we went had at least one strict vegetarian option on the menu, that included protein and veggies. So far, so good!
- I have driven our seemingly gigantic car and have lived to tell the tale! So, definitely not an issue of grave (pardon the pun) concern any longer!
I also realized again that life is indeed full of little troubles and challenges that make us feel helpless, clueless and troubled! But in the same vein, life is filled with many moments of little joys and tiny triumphs! And these are what need to be cherished, remembered and drawn upon when we feel low or inadequate!
On that optimistic note, Adieu until next week! Be happy and healthy!
WordPress offers excellent analytics on its dashboard, and I love looking at my stats.
Here is a snapshot of my posting activity:
As can be seen, Feb followed by December are my most active months. Feb is T’s birthday, and December is start of winter holidays; so, I have so much content that I can share. Blogging becomes so easy as I have huge pile of adventures and reviews and experiences to share!
I did discount Feb of 2013. T was born in the first week; and had an unfortunate stay in NICU. Naturally, blogging was the last task on my mind)
It is obvious that I have not posted regularly; not even weekly. And I am yet to surpass the maximum views on that amazing day in 2014. I hope to excel that mark this year by becoming better at the art and craft of blogging.
This is one statistic that I am surprised by! I mostly post on Fridays on this blog. My Mute Mondays posts appear on Mondays. Yet, the most popular hour is Thursday. Fascinating and useful! As can be imagined, going forward- I shall try and publish my posts on Thursdays! 🙂
The one insight that WordPress does not show me is how amazing the people who read my posts are! Followers or not, every Like, Comment and View fills me with delight and gratitude. I am humbled that you, dear reader, chose to spare time and energy on my work! So, a huge, heart felt THANK YOU for supporting me, and for being on this platform and making it the joyful, supportive community it is!
With a heart full of gratitude and cheer; I wish you all a happy (and warm) weekend!
[P.S.: I know the weather is forecast to be dismal over the weekend; but I’ve learnt from native Chicagoans to bundle up and be toasty and happy anyway! Plus, the last weekend was such a marvelous bonus- I am still counting my blessings!]