Our road trip cum family vacation have begun which means I am doing loads of challenges:
- Eating healthy- lots of treats consumed
- Getting vegetarian options. Since I do not eat eggs, meat, fish, chicken in any form; my choices are limited at restaurants. Then, I have to think about hitting all the food groups.
- T’s food: I confess, she has had a few more treats than necessary.
- Not being stressed- tough with sticking to a preschooler’s schedules
- My lack of confidence in driving: with our rental car being enormous, it’s even more difficult for me.
- T’s mild motion sickness: not too severe but enough for us to be cautious
But there are good parts too:
- We mostly ate in. So, we got healthy food with portions I could control
- We packed plenty of healthy snacks. Nuts and multi grain crackers have kept me from devouring too many unhealthy alternatives. (Yup, I did pack a lot of junk! 😐)
- T sleeps in the car, so her early rising and afternoon naps are compensated. And she’s sleeping not too long past bedtime.
- Since car times are also naps, T’s health is ok. Touch Wood!
- Bonus: I read a book, courtesy my SIL. Yayy!
- All the places we went had at least one strict vegetarian option on the menu, that included protein and veggies. So far, so good!
- I have driven our seemingly gigantic car and have lived to tell the tale! So, definitely not an issue of grave (pardon the pun) concern any longer!
I also realized again that life is indeed full of little troubles and challenges that make us feel helpless, clueless and troubled! But in the same vein, life is filled with many moments of little joys and tiny triumphs! And these are what need to be cherished, remembered and drawn upon when we feel low or inadequate!
On that optimistic note, Adieu until next week! Be happy and healthy!