I try to do my bit for various charities. It’s not easy with financial and time constraints. Thankfully, there is micro volunteering.
SurveyMonkey is one such platform through which you can contribute. I recently learnt about it and here’s the result:
On that positive, upbeat note; it’s adieu for now. Have a great week ahead!
Our road trip cum family vacation have begun which means I am doing loads of challenges:
- Eating healthy- lots of treats consumed
- Getting vegetarian options. Since I do not eat eggs, meat, fish, chicken in any form; my choices are limited at restaurants. Then, I have to think about hitting all the food groups.
- T’s food: I confess, she has had a few more treats than necessary.
- Not being stressed- tough with sticking to a preschooler’s schedules
- My lack of confidence in driving: with our rental car being enormous, it’s even more difficult for me.
- T’s mild motion sickness: not too severe but enough for us to be cautious
But there are good parts too:
- We mostly ate in. So, we got healthy food with portions I could control
- We packed plenty of healthy snacks. Nuts and multi grain crackers have kept me from devouring too many unhealthy alternatives. (Yup, I did pack a lot of junk! 😐)
- T sleeps in the car, so her early rising and afternoon naps are compensated. And she’s sleeping not too long past bedtime.
- Since car times are also naps, T’s health is ok. Touch Wood!
- Bonus: I read a book, courtesy my SIL. Yayy!
- All the places we went had at least one strict vegetarian option on the menu, that included protein and veggies. So far, so good!
- I have driven our seemingly gigantic car and have lived to tell the tale! So, definitely not an issue of grave (pardon the pun) concern any longer!
I also realized again that life is indeed full of little troubles and challenges that make us feel helpless, clueless and troubled! But in the same vein, life is filled with many moments of little joys and tiny triumphs! And these are what need to be cherished, remembered and drawn upon when we feel low or inadequate!
On that optimistic note, Adieu until next week! Be happy and healthy!
This week I am sharing my current challenge:
Capturing photos without shadows
While it seema like a simple enough task, my constraints are:
- My Camera is a phone – an iPhone, but still…
- I have to take quick shots since I am minding our Active Preschooler who is always on the move
- Soaking up the scenery and details for rehashing to my child and this blog keeps me preoccupied and not mindful enough of the angles and lighting
Here are some examples of the photos I took this week :
Please do share any helpful hints to take better pictures in the comments below: Would love to improve my skills!
As ever, stay warm, stay happy!
As a Sahm, who has been tracking her time, I realized I do have time: just in frequent, tiny bursts. Taking a lead from Laura Vanderkam’s tips to plan activities for leisure; I decided to be deliberate about how I spend my free time (or more appropriately freeze time)!
Like spare change, spare moments add up to so much!
What better than this blog to monitor my efforts and share my tiny triumphs! And what better time than now?
Today, I got some ‘freeze time’, as my child napped on me. Getting up would wake my angel and cause a tantrum, and deprive me of some down time. So, I used that time wisely. Thanks to my stash of ebooks, I raced through Chandler Bolt’s bestseller Book Launch! Yayy! Win-win!
Hoping to inspire others to plan their spare moments and motivate myself to stay focused by sharing this publicly, Thanks for Reading!
Do share your methods and techniques to use your spare moments in the comments below. I can always use handy tips!
Greetings everyone! It’s Good Friday! And Tamil New Year and Vishu for people from the southern part of India! While the actual significance and customs are very different, it is a special day for so many people! So, here’s wishing everyone peace, good health and prosperity!
I am making some sweet dishes and praying as part of our traditions. But more importantly, I will be spending the day specially thanking God for His many blessings! I try to count my blessings every day but on special occasions, I sit down at the altar in our home and thank the Lord properly!
On that humbled and grateful note, Adieu! Enjoy the weekend ahead!
Raise your hand if you love being ahead of a deadline? I definitely do. That is why this week’s post is a short update on my Reading Challenge for 2017.
Just looking at that ‘ahead of schedule’ statement is giving me a high! Yippee!
While I have updated my Books Read- 2017 Page, I shall save you the bother of leaving this page and continue reading.
I am so ecstatic and can’t wait to keep this winning streak going! True, it’s not like winning an Olympiad or Noble Prize. But, we should not always wait for Himalayan triumphs. The numerous little joys add up to more than the adrenaline high of the few grand occasions.
On that happy note, wishing all those reading this post, a happy week ahead! And do remember to enjoy the rest of the weekend. Make these hours count too!